Tuesday, October 21, 2008



It was about 7 p.m. last night when the phone rang, someone knocked at the door and I was simultaneously doing laundry and fighting the urge to go to bed for the night. My hubby was spending the evening on a local farm in the woods bow hunting. I had warmly said - hope you enjoy yourself as he left -- he did recall that later. Soon after leaving my Lauryn predicted that - he'd get a deer tonight -- He did and that was one of the phone calls. He soon arrived with deer in the back of the truck and just as perky as I would expect one that had had a great Fallish evening sitting in a tree stand that was just a mere five minutes from home, taking a great shot on a nice size doe and then having the shortest drag ever getting her back to the truck. It is just the thing to do mid October. Well, one daughter was all about going with dad and when the little one learned that the big one was excited she was immediately interested and the dad agreed to take both to the check-in station. Mom was fantasizing about folding laundry then sneaking off to a quiet bath and sleep...sigh. Then with boyish excitement and manly accomplishment in every move - which I wouldn't stifle if my life depended on it. I love it when he's lovin' life - He looked at me and asked - "Do you want to ride along?" With my yes I dashed my quiet bath but completed his night with affirmation from his wife. Admittedly, I wasn't as enthusiastic as I wanted to be but it was fun and as we were in the barn struggling to get her hung up with the help of John Deere. I couldn't help but be somewhat amused at life. I think it's easier to go with the flow some days and enjoy the current and scenery rather than fight it and attempt to make it go the way you think it should go. Gotta run - I have an Olympian gymnast hopeful in my family room and Leonardo's marker was just confiscated. Have a great day!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Too funny the things we do for our guys...like that duck picture...you know. Photographing dead animals.

We're GOOD wives! Can I hear an "AMEN"???

LJL said...

Cool deer

Anonymous said...

hey! :) for some reason the pics arent comin through on my computer, but congrats on the deer wayne! you still goin this weekend? im ready if you guys are! lol. ill call either tomorrow of thursday to see if ya'll are goin. seeya -brent

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,
You get an "Amen" from me. Not just any wife will post pictures of dead animals on there blog. LOL
That did look like the guys had a good time duck hunting. Keep us updated-wayne

The Sayler Family said...

Congratulations to you, Wayne. Wilma you are a good helpmeet! Keep up the good work, both of you!

Andy said...

Hey,
I was wondering if you have any 18month clothes you want to get rid of. Just let me know if you do and if so how much you want for them. Chloe is in dire need. :o)
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey Wayne! Way to go on the deer! And, Wilma, I think it is clearly stated (somewhere) in the Bible that "the wife is to gladly AND willingly post pictures of hubby's hunting accomplishments on your blog"