Sunday, November 18, 2007

Weekend Getaway


We headed to Tennessee after Wayne finished a busy morning at work Friday. I was - again- packed and ready to go when he pulled in the drive. Way to go - me! I may be improving, but so far from ultra-organized.

We took this trip to spend some time with my family before my cousin, Steve, leaves for Kuwait. He's in the Army and is being deployed in January. His family, parents, my family and mom all went to Pigeon Forge, Tn and stayed in a beautiful cabin. I was amazed at all the Fall color. And leaving this morning it was a balmy 62 degrees. It was a great weekend. I love this time of year. I know I have friends that I'll be sending their Christmas card to Gulf Blvd one of these days, but one of the best Christmas' was spent in the Smoky Mountains. Upon waking Christmas morning the snow was drifting down transforming the cabin and mountain to a winter wonderland! I'll take my "tender Tennessee Christmas" (and Thanksgiving) any day. I just love it here and am so glad we got to spend this Fall weekend before Thanksgiving here.

We went on a Trolley Tour of the Christmas Lights. Pancake Pantry was visited. Laser tag was enjoyed by Wayne, Lauryn and Steve. A lot of fun was had at the Track. Nightly games at the cabin were fun and Paul and June's cabin breakfast Sunday morning was a big hit. I love ya family - thanks for the memorable weekend. Steve you will stay close to our hearts while you are away.

4 comments:

Michele said...

Glad you had a good time. The food sounds yummy and yes I would love to have my card sent to Island Sands! Steve, may God go with you! Thank you for serving our great country! Your sacrifice does not go unnoticed.
Love,
Michele

Jenny said...

Wilma, good to see pictures of you and family. My goodness, I haven't seen Steve in a LONG time. Tell him that I said, "hello" and thank him for his time and service to our country, he will be in my thoughts and prayers.

LJL said...

You guys enjoy the same things we do. Gatlinburg is such a "family" place. I am so glad you enjoy each other, family and God's creation.

Phillip D said...

Looks like you all had a Great time. Blessings.