Friday, December 14, 2007

Catching up -- again


I have had my share of computer / online trouble lately. The USB modem being the latest of the issues. Oh, well, it's not like I have had a whole lot of extra time anyway. But... I do have one very important announcement! My little miracle baby that I referenced in the last post, is now 8 years old!! She was born Dec. 9, 1999. My due date for her was Jan. 1, 2000. Yes, I was projected to have the "millenium baby". I can remember one maternity shirt I had said "a baby like this comes along once in a millenium". Not only did my dates point to exactly Jan. 1, but so did ultrasound after ultrasound. In my mind I just thought it was God's way of letting me know every thing was going to be ok - giving me such a significant due date. Although everyone else thought that is was just so cool - a hospital was one of the last places I wanted to be on the much anticipated "Y2K". Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas is You" was my theme song. And guess what.... After working a 3-11 shift I woke up around 6 a.m. the next morning and was greeted with that wet feeling that you only hope and pray doesn't happen on Sunday morning while sitting in church. (That was always my fear.) My hubby kicked it into high gear while I meandered into the shower. We arrived at the hospital around 8 ish and she was born at 7:46 that night. Three weeks early, 7 lbs 4oz ,and a ton of reddish hair. Wow, I knew I wanted to be a mom, but I just didn't have any idea.... The amazement of looking into my children's faces and seeing bits of me and Wayne looking back is beyond words. I cannot even begin to describe the love I felt for her that day. Somewhere deep in my heart she reached. Awakening a love that had never been felt. It now consumes me and I will never be the same. Just before I left our house for the hospital, I was standing in the hallway heading out to the garage. I can remember having this monumental thought as if it were yesterday. I stopped and looked around. It hit me. This oversized house that Wayne and I had shared alone was never going to be the same. Our life as we knew it was never going to be the same. It was a blessed change. I will always know and understand "a mama's love".

Lauryn Alexis - you were the one that gave "mama" meaning to me. I love you so much. Thank you for all the happy moments. You are truly our gift from God. Always walk with Him. You are a wonderful daughter and great big sister. Happy Birthday, my big girl!

6 comments:

Gayle said...

What a neat story! Happy Birthday Lauren!

krisanddrew said...

Happy birthday Lauren. I still remember when you mom told us she was pregnant with you. I thought that she would fly over the moon she was so happy.

LaDonna said...

Happy birthday to your miracle baby! I had lost you for a while, but now I'm all caught up with again and I see that you came to Tennessee not once but TWICE and didn't even say howdy!!! Wasn't our fall just perfect?? And peaked at such a late time, all you Thanksgiving vacationers got to enjoy it. I really need to give you my number so the NEXT time you come you can call me!!!

Michele said...

Happy Belated Birthday Lauryn! We love you so much!
Randy, Michele and Nate

Martha C said...

This was so beautiful, Wilma!!!!

Connie Lavy said...

Belated entry, Happy Birthday! I know we celebrated earlier, but it is still December and being 8 is so great!
Love ya,
Gran