Sunday, December 30, 2007

Wayne's space


One of Wayne's favorite things to do this time of year. And you can't get it done better than with several good hounds. Here's to Wayne and the Pastor and the three hounds that had a good day of rabbit hunting last week. Wayne has fond memories of past times with great friends and good beagles. What a life - a man and a couple good huntin' dogs!

I often thought Wayne was such a deprived little boy, hardly knowing any "fairy tale" stories. But, one he knew quite well was Fox and the Hound. I almost fell off my chair one day when he started singing the words to "I'd rather have a dog than a dollar". That's my man!

4 comments:

The Sayler Family said...

Hey Wayne, looks like alot of fun. When I lived in MO, a friend of mine had beagles. It was a blast! Wish you weren't so far away because there are tons of rabbits around here. The other day Lance and I killed 9 and weren't trying very hard. I can't imagine what it would have been like with some beagles. We almost got a Jackrabbit. That would have been cool.

Regi said...

Lol that's Wayne for ya!

Stephanie said...

What a couple of good-looking hunters! What manly men! LOL!!!

sarahmfry said...

I'd give a lot of money to see him singing that!

Great-lookin' dogs! We went to Cincy to pick up a kennel and one of our puppies a couple weeks ago, and Garen had just gotten back from a training/hunting trip with the guys. I din't know you take puppies hunting so young!