Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Welcome to the Third Grade, Lauryn!

Friday we went to Lauryn's new school to take a backpack full of supplies, see her room, find her locker and say "hi" to Mrs. G. It was very exciting as she carefully placed her text books and school supplies in her desk and looked around at her new classroom. Lauryn loves organization and structure and seeing this orderly classroom, looking over her schedule of gym, art, music, library and computer has made her very excited about starting the 3rd grade at her new school. I can't help but be excited for her.








So, today was the day.... It was the first day of school - that she has started without me being the teacher, the aid, the lunchroom monitor, the gym teacher and principle. I had so many mixed emotions, but in the end I swallowed the lump and gave her a reassuring grin and felt my heart midst the ache swell with pride as she braced her shoulders and walked bravely in the classroom. She was immediately met with a warm hug from Mrs. G who introduced her to a fellow 3rd grader who will be sitting next her. Thank you God for huge blessings that may seem small to some. So, with that I left. We have chosen with God's guidance to have Lauryn's educational, spiritual, and social experiences aided by this school. I pray that everyday helps you toward a life that is Christ-like, educated and fulfilled. I love you and miss you already - let's see I can pick you up in 2 hours! Have a wonderful year, Lauryn!



9 comments:

Tamra said...

Hope your first day of school was great Lauren!

Michele said...

I know you will be a great student!

Anonymous said...

hey lauryn, im sure you'll do great in school ;) hope you enjoy!!! and be sure and learn lots so you can educate your father. :) - Your cuz,
Brent

LJL said...

Our baby just moved to Florida to go to school. I think she is having a blast with Fay arriving at the same time. Congrats, Lauryn.

krisanddrew said...

you are going to enjoy school Lauren. Have fun

The Millard Family said...

Lauryn is going to do great! She is such a smart girl.

The Millard Family said...

Lauryn is going to do great! She is such a smart girl.

Stephanie said...

So excited to see you in your new school! I've been wondering about this big day! Love your outfits! Happy 2008-2009 school year!

Oh, yeah, and P.S...to the mom - way to go with the grin and lump in the throat! There'll be more of these days, huh?!

Love you guys!

Paul and Candy said...

We are so happy to have you at school with the boys this year. You will have a great adventure with Mrs. G. She is a wonderful person and a great teacher.

Wilma,
I know that this was a big decision on your part. I think that it is great the time that you have spent to home school Lauryn, but I also think that it is awesome that you have allowed her to take a big step out into the world. She is a wonderful little girl and she has a lot to share with her classmates, teachers and all of the students at TCS.