Wednesday, August 27, 2008

This is just a quick - We made it! - through the first week of school post. What a week! Lauryn continues to make me so proud. Brooklyn is going through an adjusting phase. She broke down at the babysitters the other day - I MISS MY SISSY! I miss her, too, but it has been exciting hearing about school and fellow students. I was at a parent meeting this week and was sitting in Lauryn's desk next to the parents of the kids she sits next to - trying to feel like a 3rd grader again... what it must be like facing life at the age of 8. Brings me to my next point - what's been on my mind this week. This week was the one you face with your head down, brace yourself and go for it. Or maybe duck and run and just hope you get yourself into next week unscathed. Yes, I was feeling a little overwhelmed. Wayne assured me it was going to be ok - husband's perspective. Mine was a little more along the lines of - AAAAAAAHHHHHHGGGG! How?! When!!?? Where?! Just as the last glimmer was shortening - came the message - "I'll furnish the grace if you'll furnish the man". I don't have to have all the answers - just be available to be used by God. I gave it to God - he didn't fail. I was canceled from work one day, other days things just seem to fall into place. I'm glad I'm in His hands. What a safe, quiet place to live. God's grace is good for all.

3 comments:

Paul and Candy said...

Hey,
What happened to the picture of you and Wayne;') ha ha ha

Tim and Kristina said...

Hi Wilma, haven't talked to you in awhile. Glad Lauren likes school, she looks so excited in her pictures!! Have a great weekend!

Kris

Stephanie said...

Glad to hear that the strong survived the week! Way to Go, Lauren...making us proud!