Monday, June 25, 2007

Hellooooo out there

Wow! Where do I begin..... I'm still alive. Although, that was in question earlier today. I was taking a big gulp from my water bottle as I was rounding the back of the truck to get in when I aspirated at least half of that big gulp. Out came the water -- spewing all over the street -- and in came no air for what seemed like forever. I survived -- without my dignity intact.
We have been at our church camp this past week. So enjoyable. I know Brooklyn thought this is what she had been sentenced for being such a wild child -- a week long of church. She had a great time, too. It is amazing as you leave the grounds of what was your oasis in a heathen world that you realize life really did go on while you were there. I seem to forget it all when I am there. I love you people that share my life style, beliefs and goals. You make me larger than me alone. Thank you all for being you and being there.
We have been so busy I can't get you caught up right now, but maybe soon. Just a bit from today -- along with Heather I had a ton of laundry. Putting my second load in the dryer I managed to drop a clothes pin down the vent. My little Maytag wild child couldn't be blamed for this one and she didn't have the length in her little arms to get me out of this one. Laundry came to a halt and my man had to disassemble the dryer when he arrived home from work. Fun -- tons of fun. By the way, for a way humbling moment go move your dryer over about six inches. You might find a small fortune. Maybe enough to take a trip to the Dairy Queen.
Gotta run. See ya soon. Pics to follow.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I agree with you about camp being an oasis. I hated coming home to the real world again. I hope you got your dryer fixed. I am still working on laundry but it keeps adding up. ahhhhh

Tamra said...

I did 6 loads yesterday and have about 3 or 4 more to do today. Enjoyed being your neighbor last week!

The Dickinsons said...

Sounds like camp was a lot of fun. That is one thing that we miss, is getting to go to camp as a family! Bless your heart....having all of that laundry to do, (and like Heather said, it keeps growing) and your dryer not working. I guess I can sympathize...SINCE I HAVE NO DRYER, but my clothes lines! =) (And it's the rainy season! =( When is someone going to invent DISPOSABLE CLOTHES?! HA!

Looking forward to seeing the pics from camp!
Love, Heather in Colombia =)

Janella said...

Well...I conquered my last load of laundry! I can't believe I didn't take ONE picture at camp! I love being with my friends that live like I do. We definitely need camp as a booster! One thing I was very happy to come home to was my sink,my water and my toothbrush!

Janella said...

that sounded like I didn't take a toothbrush to camp. I did, I just hate the water:)