Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Fourth of July

Happy Birthday USA!

In case you haven't taken the time to realize, this is the greatest nation on earth. I am proud to be among the brave, free, and "in God we trust". We are a blessed people.

Thank you God for the privilege of being born, living, and raising my children in the United Stated of America. May I never take such a blessing for granted.

I along with many others will show off my patriotic spirit today. We'll sport the red, white, and blue. Say go USA! And wave the Flag, but I am going to try and see it through different eyes today: the patriot that is on foreign soil seeing the price that is paid for freedom first hand, the Christian imprisoned for living his Faith, the child that is born into slavery.

I hope you all have a wonderful Fourth of July and experience a renewed sense of appreciation for our country and our God.


My country 'tis of thee, Sweet land of liberty,

Of thee I sing; Land where my fathers died, Land of the

Pilgrims' pride. From every mountain-side Let freedom ring!


My native country, thee, Land of the noble, free,

Thy name I love. I love thy rocks and rills, Thy woods and

templed hills; My heart with rapture thrills Like that above.


Let music swell the breeze, And ring from all the trees

Sweet freedom's song; Let mortal tongues awake: Let all that

breathe partake; Let rocks their silence break, The sound prolong.


Our fathers' God, to Thee, Author of liberty, To Thee we sing.

Long may our land be bright With freedom's holy light:

Protect us by Thy might, Great God, our King!

3 comments:

Janella said...

LOVE your post! I'm proud to be an American. I too always want to remember those who serve to give us our freedom. Truly freedom has come with a cost.

Myranda said...

We have lost two local soldiers that were serving in Iraq in the last 3-4 weeks. This made the 4th totally different for me this year. Just reading about these families and putting myself in their shoes...!

Thank God for service-men like Corey and Zach. Because of them we have what we have today!

GO, USA!!!

The Dickinsons said...

I'm proud to be an American...and it surely DOES make one really appreciate the USA when you live in another country! Our blood runs RED, WHITE, AND BLUE!! =)

Glad that your little girl walked down the aisle in the wedding...I know my Mommy heart would be sooo proud too! =D

Love, Heather =)