Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thank you for the helpful suggestions regarding my aching head. I am happy to report that my head is feeling much better and is still attached. After five days of unprecedented headache I went to see the Dr. A Toradol shot and MRI was on the orders. The Toradol treated the symptoms but I know that God treated the cause. Let me share the blessing...
After the shot my headache broke but pains would come again and hint of worsening especially if I let my mind dwell - can I just refer to my current rough times as the Darkness. The Darkness would overshadow and I would feel my head and spirit begin to spiral downward.
We unexpectedly were treated to a trip to North Carolina. You better watch out what you write in the comments. We just might take you up on it - Candy. Thanks to my in-laws for letting us tag along. And thanks to our family in NC for a wonderful wknd. I was distracted from my darkness during the wknd and upon returning home felt it suffocating me again. Tuesday I was near despair, careening for air, enveloped with the darkness when God spoke. If it had been audible it would have been no more clear - I will give him perfect peace who's mind is stayed on me. Peace. How I wanted peace! Think on Him. He will give me peace. Him - the giver of true peace. Darkness waning.... Him - creator of me. He cares about my hurt, my helplessness. Him - I'll think...I'll surrender to Him. The clouds break. A flood of peace surrounds, embraces me. I feel set free from the darkness. For the first time in days I feel the burden lifted.
I have since then felt the chill of the darkness - the glare of Satan as I bask in my new found peace but I think on Him - I dwell on Him and the burden comes not to rest on my weary soul but is held at bay by the Protector of my being. I cannot explain nor comprehend the power of God, but I know once again God has extended to me only a mere strand of what is available in His stores of peace, grace, and love. On that strand I have been lifted above doubt, turmoil, and despair. God is so faithful. I can't begin to adequately tell of His goodness to me.
You are getting the real me. I'm not one to fake all is well when it is not - I'm in all honesty just not very good at it. It is easier to just be real and hope that in being yourself and telling of your struggles - as we all have sooner or later - someone will be aided in finding their way back to peace and happiness through God.
I would like to thank my dear Aunt June for handing me a devotional the other day - Meet Me at the Well. What timing! She said "I think you'd like this". So far, she's right. What mom, wife, woman in this day couldn't use a dowsing from the Well. I feel I have been to the Well and what a difference it makes.

6 comments:

The Going Blog said...

My heart is rejoicing with you! You would be a hard one to convince that there is no God. Peace is just one of the benefits his coverage covers :-)

Michele said...

Peace, Peace, Wonderful Peace
Coming down from the Father Above
Sweep over my spirit forever I pray
In fathomless billows of love.

What would we do without Him.
Love ya friend!

LJL said...

Beautiful writing. Hope you are doing well today.

Paul and Candy said...

wilma,
I am soooo glad you were able to come to NC to visit. Although the time was short it was greatly enjoyed. I am glad that you have found peace with your troubles. As you know God is in control and he will use this situation to make great things whether we understand them or not. In his time we will understand why things have happened the way they have.

Love ya,
Candy

krisanddrew said...

Thank you for reminding me that God is still in control, IN ALL THINGS.

Stephanie said...

I am meeting you at the well, friend.

It's a journey getting there, but Jesus promises He will quench our thirst and be our Living Water.

Amen and amen.

Thanks for being real.