Saturday, May 17, 2008

Week in Review



Happy Mom's Day to some wonderful mothers. We love you!
My mom


My mom-in-law


Our church's Mom of the Year
We love you too!

We were all enjoying tea at the parsonage. Although, I was inclined to go in a ball cap or my cowboy hat - it really was fun. I need to be more in tune to my feminine, refined side :o)


Life can be a bear....




But sometimes being a bear is not all that bad...



We had a beautiful day for the zoo last Saturday. We so enjoyed it!



This character erupted into being one night during a Clue game. I really do believe it was the Mrs. Peacock - maybe looking for a tea party?? Lauryn and I had a good laugh. I should fear for my life after posting this.


My thought for the week was taken from the book The Shack by William P. Young. I was reading it one day and these words hit me like a lightning bolt and have been with me ever since. The lead character, Mack, has been tormented by some devastating happenings involving his little girl. Life for him and his family has never been the same. After receiving what appears to be an invitation from God to come back to the shack, he makes his way back to this haunting place. God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit await him. This passage is part of a conversation between Mack and Jesus.
"Jesus?" he whispered as his voice choked. "I feel so lost."
A hand reached out and squeezed his, and didn't let go. "I know, Mack. But it's not true. I am with you and I'm not lost. I'm sorry it feels that way, but hear me clearly. You are not lost."


I know I've heard similar words again and again, but it was a comforting reminder. Like shattering glass, sirens, and blunt force trauma I heard the words anew - God is with me and He's not lost. I can feel lost. Can't see the end or know which way to turn, but God is not lost. Hear me clearly - you are not lost!




3 comments:

Michele said...

Love the hat and glasses!

LJL said...

I can tell by looking that she was the killer, probably with a gun in the conservatory!

Regi said...

Dad, you should be careful. He looks almost like you!