Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back flash






I wanted to share some pictures from the last couple of weeks. Several weekends ago Lauryn and I volunteered at a hospital event - Teddy Bear Clinic. It was very fun for both of us. She did so well. I was proud of my little pharmacist tech. The goal - acclimate the child to going to the doctor. The child would bring the pt. (teddy bear) to the doctor and go through the steps just as they would do at their Dr.'s So, after being assessed and the diagnosis made they would come to us - the pharmacy to fill the scipt. The diagnosis - "Bubblitis". The cure - a bottle of bubbles. The instructions - "Blow bubbles with your Teddy one time a day". It was great and you should have seen the looks on some of those kids faces. It was a nice day for Lauryn and mom. Look who brought "Bear" to see us. I hope Bear is much better, Madeline. Thank you for stopping by.




We were happy to have Wayne's cousin, Jason, and his family (minus Jess :o( ) stay with us during I.H.C. One evening we had a most of the family over for snacks and fellowship. That included Steve and Linda who also came in for the convention. It was an enjoyable time. We look forward to seeing Jason and Joanna again this summer Lord willing. Although, Jason, I think Lauryn will bolt the door if you don't have Jessica with you this time :o) It was nice having you with us. Y'all come back now - ya hear!













Puppies up date - and Uncle Lowell "dem r puppies". Is that how that goes??







Wayne doing what he does to destress. I wonder if he would get the same effect from anything but a John Deere? We've mowed two times - Oh, glorious Spring.




And just so I'm not leaving you hanging from my last post - I guess my several bad days have turned into a week, but I'm hanging in there and thankful for God's faithfulness and goodness. Tomorrow is a brand new day. At this point I'd really like to wake up without a headache. I've never been one to suffer from migraines, but I guess I now know first hand what that is all about. Any ideas especially alternatives to medicine I would gladly take right now. I really do hate medication, but I guess I would never say never.


I'm sending a smile your way and hope you see the blessings in your day in a brand new way.

8 comments:

Tim and Kristina said...

Hope your week gets better. Hang in there!

Kris

Paul and Candy said...

Maybe you should make a run for a brief weekend getaway to our house:)
Miss you guys!
That pic of Brooklynn with the puppy is too adorable!

Candy

Michele said...

Thanks for the update! I went to my old faithful, www.earthclinic.com and guess what one of the remedies for headaches and migraines was? Apple Cider Vinegar! It'll cure what ails ya. Check it out http://earthclinic.com/CURES/migraines.html

Stephanie said...

Excuse me..are you guys sisters?! LOL!

Unknown said...

Wilma
Hi They say the main cause of most headaches is lack of water in the body especially now that it is getting warmer we need more water.
Jodi

krisanddrew said...

Love the idea of having teddy bear for the pt. That is so cute. Hope that your trip this weekend went good. missed seeing you friday, but will look forward to next week at the zoo. Hope that the headache is better. my stomach is still upset, but we will get through this.

LJL said...

OSAR puppies CMP

Bev said...

I have heard that gatoraide helps headaches. I also know that coke and chocolate help. I have been there with weeks of migraines. Not fun. I will be praying for you. (I don't know if you remember me from high school, last name was Holloway then I think you graduated a year ahead of me)

Bev