Monday, September 8, 2008

Hey, y'all! Are you loving this beautiful Fallish weather? It's gorgeous. It could only be better seen, felt and inhaled from the western slope of the Colorado Rockies....



sigh..... wink..... uuuuhmmmm - Wayne..... are you enjoying yourself?? Yes, that's right he and his Hoochie Mama made the long journey this past wknd to track down, lure, or maybe just stumble upon the elusive Rocky Mt. elk.



I miss you already - but have fun and be safe. Kim keep us updated - bring us right there to your front door via your blog. Oh, the wonder of the blog, and picture phones, too - quite unbelievable if you think about it.
OK - I don't have much time and I'm already wordy. I wanted to share something and let you know I'm still ducking and running through my weeks. Just to give you an idea - with the start of school also came new job orientation, two weeks of company - which I might add was a total blessing, soccer season and that's pretty much enough to cause the most settled, sane person to become slightly unravelled . But in the mist of it all there have been quiet moments to cherish, smiles and laughter to extinguish the mounting stress, and a family that in the middle of the storm has learned to dance in the rain! That is my new favorite saying for the week - Instead of waiting for the storm to pass - learn to dance in the rain.
This is what I wanted to share -
Lauryn's school recognized her as


Student in the Son-Light, for being S.A.L.T. in her world.

(Speaking, Acting, Looking and Thinking like Jesus)


This award is to encourage our students to live out a biblical worldview today. Our school vision is that our students will be salt in their world now, from Matt. 5:13. S.A.L.T. is identified as to Speak, Act, Look, and Think like Jesus. The students are nominated by their teachers for any of the following areas:

-R2G2 (respect, responsibility, gratitude, genuineness)

-Fruits of the spirit (Gal. 5:22)

-S.A.L.T.

-Demonstrating positive character qualities

-Developing their God-given talents with excellence


Here's what her teacher had to say -

I would like to nominate Lauryn Lavy because of the awesome way she has adjusted to a new school situation as well as the character qualities she demonstrates! This is Lauryn's first year at our school and she shows excellence in her approach to her schoolwork! She is responsible, prompt with assignments, and participates well in class! I can always count on Lauryn to know where we are and what we are doing...and ready to go for it! Lauryn invited her cousin, Jessica, to visit us and share about her life as a missionary. Her obedient, gentle ways are such a great example for us. I Peter 3:9 says, "Be tenderhearted, be courteous...that you may inherit a blessing." I am certain you have had, and will have many blessings for such ways! We Love you!
Mrs. G.




Congratulations Lauryn! May you always be S.A.L.T. in your world. Love you so much!

I have so much to share, but the grass is growing and I have a day off. So, grass I must mow. I'll catch up later. For now I leave you with the challenge to dance in the rain as well as in the beautiful weather - like in the mountains, like Julie Andrews - Wayne - you lucky dog! The girls are keeping your side of the bed warm and Brooklyn kicks a little harder than you!
Hurry home - elk in tow! love you

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yeah for our girl! Congrats, Lauryn! Way to be S.A.L.T.!

Yeah, Wayne, hurry up and get that elk and maybe we'll all get to hang out somewhere! ;0

P.S. - Wilma - I thought you were his HOOCHIE MAMA!

Michele said...

Congratulations Lauryn!

LJL said...

Wow, way to go Lauryn!