Monday, September 29, 2008

He's back!








First of all, I was a little melodramatic in my last post. I was intent upon pulling the heart strings of one Wayne Lavy - in absentia during the Great Wind - Ike. It worked - he came home! But we did have perspective and knew that there were others that had it so much harder then we did and my heart went out to those. So just wanted to clear that up - no pity party here. We have recovered after 5 1/2 days without electricity. We are powerized, hydrated and I'm back in the arms of my hubby - so we're very fine. I would like to say many thanks to my mom who housed, fed and watered us for several days. Then, Candy who did the same. Melissa who stayed out at my house very late one night helping me clean out freezers, refrigerator and more - not a fun job without running water. Steve, Buffy and kids who picked up a trampoline that had scattered to the ends of the earth! Uncle Paul who helped me haul water to the herd. Candy and the boys for help with clean-up and everything else. I am blessed to have a wonderful family that is nearby.

Happy Fall y'all! I love it! The combines and tractors are coming out of the barns. Orange, brown and red are the colors of choice. And the ovens are turning out apple this and pumpkin that. I feel the need to have a huge fall party with hay rides and bluegrass music.


My Monday started out with a two o-clock potty break - for Brookie. Followed by a family of coyotes getting a little close to the barn and there setting up choir practice much to the aggravation of Daisy - our lab. I drug myself from my cozy den and hung myself a little far out the window (like those several inches are going to make a difference) and yelled at all of nature - "NO.....NO." Actually, it was directed at Daisy and she did shut up. As ornery as she can be she does listen in the middle of the night to that emphatic "no". So, then on to 6:30 a.m. - putting together a plant project. Yes, I was clipping a stem from a barberry bush in my jammies in the dark for my 3rd grader so she could finish. There were extenuating circumstances this week that I felt responsible for otherwise I would have slept in and hopefully taught a lesson that I wished would have broke me at 3rd grade from procrastination. I do think there is hope for her being she has so much of her dad's personality. All said and clipped and glued and labelled - it was done before leaving for school.






Do you ever think of the split second that changes your life forever? Well mine wasn't so life changing but one moment I have two angelic beings sitting before me consuming warm apple cinnamon oatmeal when the smaller of the two looses balance and goes from knees to hiney in a blink. With that blink out came an arm that made contact with the warm apple cinnamon oatmeal giving us warm apple cinnamon oatmeal showers in the kitchen. I looked at the embellished oak chair legs and carpet and contemplated a picture to savor the moment. Quickly dismissed that as stupid and started scooping up the fresh ground covering. These two will turn your day upside down but quickly upright it when they look at you with innocent eyes that are begging forgiveness. I'm just a kid. I'll grow and learn. And, I'll remember these days and how you reacted. Did I have time to laugh and play? Who's really going to remember the stained carpet anyways?

Next was concerted help doing the laundry. Brookie was to gather towels and throw them in the washer. I sigh as I realized the armful she deposited in the wash were clean towels. Well, it's not even noon.... What a beautiful day..... I think we're going outside. Have a great week!

4 comments:

Connie Lavy said...

I'm glad you blogged. I like the hat Wayne! Anyway, I'm glad you got home safely from your successful hunting trip.

Wilma, it sounds like you are having fun watching Carson. He and Brooklyn will probably be lots of fun.

Lots of Love,
Mom

LJL said...

Oops, don't go see Great Grandma Lavy with that hair all over your face!lol Welcome back to Ohio, Wayne

Paul and Candy said...

What a blessing it is to know that Carson is with someone who loves and cares for him like his Mom when I can't be with him.
Thanks Wilma for giving up your days off, that could be calm and relaxing, to flying oatmeal. Your a great Aunt and A great Sister-in-law.

Stephanie said...

Been missing your blogging! Nice family picture with the hunter!

Come see me!

Love,

Steph