Thursday, April 19, 2007

IHC


We enjoyed going to the IHC this week. I just love seeing Christians all around town. It is always great to see friends that we haven't seen for awhile and hear the good music and preaching. The patriotic service is so emotional for me -- I believe in being patriotic. I believe it is our duty. You don't have to look far until you realize how blessed we are in America. I am sure we could ask our missionary friends just how nice we have it.
I went to the early service today to hear Bro. Eisenhart -- my dear friend, Michele's dad. The Spirit of God was in the service from the beginning. It was a good one to go to. The message was moving -- the part I got to hear before my "wild" wet through her pants -- onto Michele's lap! I'm so sorry Michele! Leave it to my Brookie to manage a quick exit from a church service. (Last night she kicked three people in front of us and whacked one on the head -- sigh. Guess I won't have to worry about a boy wanting to sit with her for awhile.) I'll have to see the DVD to get the parts I missed. I heard it was good. Thank you Bro. E for your Godly example and delivering your heart. Our family loves you and Sis. E.
I thought about my friends that were not able to be at the IHC this year. I am more in tune to you -- probably through blogging -- I know how you would have loved to be here. And, I was more appreciative of being able to be there myself. I hope you all received a special blessing this week to take the place of it. I missed you all -- Paul and Candy and boys, Marc and Melodie and boys, Philip and Heather and kids, Sarah and kids.

8 comments:

Gayle said...

Thanks Wilma for the nice comments!
I love reading your posts. The picture of you and the girls is so nice. We love you guys!
Sis E

Paul and Candy said...

Hey Wilma,
you know we missed being at IHC and going out to eat after with you guys. I am not sorry that Paul wished that onery little one on you. She keeps me laughing even 500 miles away. Miss you guys so much. Hope you can come to see us. Give Lauryn and the wild one a hug for me.

Candy

Heather said...

That was so funny about Brooklyn! I am sure she would have loved to join in Konnor's wipe throwing contest. He made it way out into the aisle a couple of times. Thats when I desided he had to much energy for the rest of the service. By the way, Brooklyn can always sit with Konnor. 8o)

The Dickinsons said...

How sweet of you to say that you missed us. WE SURELY DID MISS SEEING ALL OF OUR DEAR FRIENDS AT THE IHC!!! But, THANK GOD FOR THE IHC STREAMING AUDIO we were able to "ATTEND" every service...HERE in Colombia!! =) And of course the International service where we got to "talk" to IHC, James Plank, and my Moma was supper SPECIAL to us! (See my blog if you are in the dark! =) That is a cute picture of you and your cute girls.
Love, Heather

Michele said...

There is no one I'd rather have "wet" on me than Brooklyn! ;o) I'm no worse for the wear and not one person mentioned my "Eau De Toilette" all day! Pack your bags because one month from today we will have our toes in the white sand and blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico! WOOHOOO!!!

Michele

sankey family said...

Thank you so much for your kind words and your wishes for our family, Wilma. We really did miss being there again this year, but the streaming and photos on the website were a huge blessing. We think of you guys often - would love to see the "wild one" now that she's a little older - how adorable. And if my memory serves me right, I believe the "question" has already been asked for the "calm" one...lol...We have so many fond memories of great times together. The 4 wheeler rides, meals together, tons of Rook games, wonderful fellowship that we wouldn't trade anything for. We'll be keeping in touch through your blog. Blessings on your family.
Lots of love,
Melodie

Lavy Country said...

Michele -- We can't wait. Brooklyn thanks you for the tolerance. She truely does love you.
Melodie -- so glad you stopped by, although, you made me tear up! Lauryn has a picture of three brothers on her bulletin board -- one just doesn't know what the future holds :0) You are thought of often. Wayne was just saying the other day he was sure he was your favorite Rook partner ;o) Those where fun times.
Love and prayers, wl

Lavy Country said...

Hey, Heather, Brooklyn can knock 'em out and Konnor can "clean" 'em up.
wl