Monday, April 23, 2007

Saturday is a day we treasure around here -- no school, woohoo!, Daddy's home, (more cheering), and if that's not enough -- the sun is shinning and it feels warm. It is not the crack of dawn but it is morning and I'm busy with inhouse work. (Emphasis on "in") I make special effort to bring the outdoors in -- the windows are open the curtains pulled back. I sneak a breath of fresh country air as I sneak out on the deck to shake a rug. The pull is so great I can hardly stand it. What couldn't wait until the sun is down to finish inside. The sun and warm has been long awaited ar0und here and I want to soak it up. I turn and go back indoors. I make beds, sweep floors, dust, catch a glimpse of Luck munching on grass -- the breeze blowing his mane and tail. I sigh and quicken the pace. Finally, the floors are clean, the toilet sparkling, the toys picked up. And, then it happens. Like horses out to pasture, like a dam breaking -- I am raptured to the outdoors to enjoy the heavenly oasis of my backyard. Warning; the fun seen in these pictures is bigger than appears! Hope you enjoyed your day, too. Sending you all some sunshine from our day.

2 comments:

Paul and Candy said...

Hey Wilma,
These pics sure make me miss hanging out in your backyard with you guys. It is beautiful here,b ut with B sick we haven't had much chance to enjoy it. Think I will take a walk when Paul gets home. Give the girls big hugs for me. Hope Brooklynn is feeling better. Praying she doesn't get what B has.

Love,
Candy

The Dickinsons said...

Hey Wilma...enjoyed your nice slide show, and I could almost "feel" the warm sun. We are in the rainy season of Colombia...so when the sun does peak out, you can hear us running out doors, and the kids and I squealing with JOY! =)

Take care,
Heather