Monday, April 16, 2007

What a sad day with the news of the Virginia Tech shootings. I cannot imagine.... I cannot comprehend how someone gets to that depth. My prayers are with the students and family members. It is only by the grace of God that any of us survive a day around here -- I guess that is a little on the gloom and doom side of which I usually take no part, but sometimes I wonder. Do you think it is the falling apart of the family and lack of Godly influence that produces such delinquents? It can't help -- I know. I am so glad I am surrounded by friends that have determined not to be another statistic! In times like this when it is easy to get discouraged and think the whole world is going to hell in the fast lane -- I can look at so many of you. My heart is encouraged to know that God makes the difference. He can sustain and keep us from the all too familiar failed marriage, bitter children, and heartache. I know it is not always easy -- it may just seem impossible some days, but it is worth it. Just hang in there! We can't see the big picture, but God knows and He does care. God can use us in ways that we could never imagine if we just trust him. We don't need to understand -- we just need to hold His hand. I am praying right now if maybe there is someone right now that is throwing up their hands just reach a little higher. You'll find your help. Don't give up. Let's stand together and make a difference. Let's keep our families together. Let's love our husbands even when they may not deserve it or we're not in the mood. Let's raise our kids for God. Let the world see the difference. I am praying for you -- Go light your world!
wl.
I was feeling down...

6 comments:

Regi said...

Yes, I was distressed when I heard the news as well. Lord helps us!

Connie Lavy said...

Wilma,
Just stopping by to check out your blog. Sad topic, but good job. I just can't immagine someone hating enough to kill, but God always triumps over evil. There are many hurting people today over this tragedy that need our prayers.
God Bless Your Blog!

Tim and Kristina said...

Great post Wilma! I'm so thankful God never gives up on us. Thanks for your encouraging post.

Kris

sarahmfry said...

I agree...and Amen, sister! She's takin' a text. I've been thinking today about that killer's parents. Something had to go desperately wrong somewhere... How must they be feeling today?

I'm so glad to have discovered your blog. Your girls are gorgeous and so big!

Gayle said...

Well said! This is a terrible tragedy! I believe that the first killings in schools happened in the 60’s when they took Bible reading and prayer out!
Sis E

The Dickinsons said...

Thanks for the encouraging note to go and light our world. Yes, it is encouraging to see friends that are determined to LOVE God with all of their heart, staying HAPPILY married, raising Good, sweet, obedient kids, living to encourage others in JESUS, and To MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THIS WORLD!
Thanks for signing my blog too, it was fun getting your comment. =)
~Wanting to make a difference~
Heather