Friday, May 18, 2007

On our way!

We left this morning at 4:45 a.m. bright and chipper! O.K. maybe Lauryn was the only one bright and chipper. But I went to bed at 2:30 -- I really don't know why I bothered but I thought some sleep was better than none. I think every vacation I have ever taken since I've been married and definitely since I've had kids has started out like this -- last minute cramming. I don't know how to do it otherwise. How do you pack stuff you can't live without a day ahead? Michele was packed Thursday morning. Me? I was putting the last bag in the truck at 2 a.m. Followed by my deodorant and tooth brushes right before we left. By the way we just crossed the Georgia line -- 12:58 p.m. Are you feeling the ocean breezes yet? It took us until now to finally reach 70 degrees -- it was so cold this morning. But don't worry I'll keep you warm with my sunny beach pics. Alright, back to my pathetic self. Wayne says I live life to the fullest -- I pack as much into one minute as possible. Is that the problem -- I am delusional. I feel that I should be able to clean my house, finish the laundry, have school, run by the sitters, drop the library books off, pick up last minute groceries, clean up the truck, and pack all in one day. But that's just motherhood. Oh, well, we're on our way. We still love each other. I had filled the gas tank up -- that was in my favor. Wayne didn't get in the truck to find it sitting on empty. That has been known to happen occasionally. We plan to drive to Tifton, Georgia tonight then be at the condo by 2 p.m., the beach by 2:15! I'll save the unpacking for another minute. Have a great day.