Saturday, May 5, 2007

Hello.....remember me?

Wow! What a busy week! It has just flown by and I'm left somewhere in the jet stream blinking and thrown into another day. Please someone help me slow it down. I fear I will blink again and my daughters will be grown, my husband shorter than I and me....well, I don't even want to go there.
For starters my computer crashed last wknd. (Please Mr. Mike heal it or at least save all the pics I haven't taken the time to back up.) So, that made it a little difficult to make contact with my blog world. I do have Wayne's so I have not been totally isolated. Secondly, Wayne worked every evening this week with the exception of Friday -- that makes is hard for mom to have free (blog) time.
Ok -- if my editor were standing over me he'd tell me I was definitely rambling. So, to get on with it.... I want to share something that happened last week. I was at work and was able to attend an inservice. The title -- Prayer in Pediatrics. It was just awesome. Oh, for those of you that don't know -- I am a pediatric nurse. The inservice was given from a Christian perspective and basically encouraged praying for and with our patients and coworkers. I was just about to explode sitting there. There was no way I could just sit there and not testify to the fact that there is power in prayer. I've seen it work and how do people even make it without prayer. I don't know if some thought I had lost my mind, but I feel the Lord just blessed my heart with memories of times past when I (or someone else) had prayed and he had shown His presence. I had to share. I found out there is a Christian Fellowship of Nurses that in joining counts as being part of a professional organization. It was just a great experience and encouraging to say the least.
We spent most of the day at the estate auction of Wayne's uncle Cyrl Welbaum. It was interesting and sad. I know it has to be hard on the family watching the fading away of a house with all of its familiarities. Things that identified "Grandpa's house" now sold to the highest bidder -- one who will never know its treasured sentiment. I would just like to say that Uncle Cyrl will forever be remember in the hearts of his family as one who loved the Lord, his family and the work he did around his farm. One item I bought was a glass pitcher. As I was standing there holding it a grown grandchild of Cyrl's said to me Grandma would sit this on the table with ice water in it. I know that someday that could be my stuff -- if Wayne doesn't make me take most of it to the Goodwill before then -- and it reminded me to live now -- enjoy life, take time to do what matters, live without regrets.

3 comments:

BLavy said...

WOW! What a Great opportunity to make a difference at work to be able to pray for the children and show how God can work. see you later! Buffy

The Dickinsons said...

Hey, great blog. I enjoyed reading about your good time at work, how encouraging that they were encouraging y'all to pray with your patients, etc. That's great that God can use you at work to help those hurting hearts out there. I cannot imagine the pain that some of those parents face with very SICK children, or even children dying, and NOT HAVING THE PRIVLIGE OF PRAYING TO THE PHYSICIAN OF ALL PHYSICIANS!

Love, Heather

The Going Blog said...

Hey Wilma, my camp friend :)
I scrolled up after reading of your fear of being taller than your husband, to your family picture and LOL you are! I just recently came across your blog so I will have to put you on my favorites list for easier access.
Have a great day!
Love, Martha