Saturday, May 19, 2007

We can smell the smoke!

After a loooong day on the road yesterday, we made it in to our clean, comfy room at Hampton Inn in Tifton, Georgia at 7:18 p.m. We were held up in Atlanta for 2 hours related to an accident and then managed to hit rush hour traffic. During this time Randy was graciously thanking Nate for the stomach bug . Nate was sick with it Tuesday night. He recovered just in time to enjoy vacation :o) I hope everyone stays well. Randy was feeling much better after a good nights sleep. We left at 9:00 this morning after having Hampton Inn's finest breakfast. I thought it would take an act of God (or Wayne) to get Brooklyn back in the car seat, but she didn't do too bad. Ten hours in the car is about her cutoff. She and the rest of us were miserable after 14 hours of traveling! So we just crossed into Florida about 30 minutes ago and we can see and smell the smoke of the Florida wild fires. I cannot imagine what it must be like to be fighting that many acres of fire. I have never been around a forest fire of any type. I can't imagine living here and smelling this smell for days. Well, hope you are enjoying your Saturday. Enjoy your green grass -- it is so brown around here. Catch up with you later.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you enjoy your vacation!

Beth said...

Hope you have fun.

sankey family said...

Have a great vacation!

Connie Lavy said...

lol I can picture poor little Brooklyn. I know what happens after she's had enough from our NC trip. Can't say I don't agree with her, but she's a baby and can get away with it. I feel for her! Lauryn travels well so that's 50/50. I'm sure Brooklyn will get the hang of traveling soon! Have fun!!!
Mom