Sunday, May 27, 2007

We're home


We arrived back to the homestead soon after 1:00 a.m. We drove straight through. We didn't have any intention of doing this especially with the wild child in tow, but after leaving the condo at 8 a.m. and making great time through Atlanta realized we could be home around midnight. So, we just kept going and going and seventeen hours later we were home! I miss the beach already, but it is nice to be home in my own bed. All of our furry friends were happy to see us even at 1 a.m. We went to church this morning in spite of our late homecoming. We were all wide awake and ready to go -- guess that is what a week of hangin' out at the beach does for you. Well, it is back to the rush of my life and when I'm feeling stretched to the limit, my wild one has out ran me, my calm one has asked me one too many questions -- I can look at my pictures, listen to the sounds and relive our wonderful oasis from our busy lives. I am so blessed to have enjoyed this fun, safe vacation with my family and friends.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! You did alot of driving yesterday! Glad you had a safe trip home.

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun! Missing you guys already. I'm making waffles for breakfast this morning if you want to come down. ;o)

Martha C said...

Loved all of your pics! We are planning to take the boys to the ocean, too. Thankfully we will only drive about four hours. (One of my consolations for being in this far, far away land of SC:-)

sankey family said...

I'm glad you had a great time. And I know the feeling of loving to go and loving to come home!

Melodie