Thursday, May 31, 2007

Slippin' and a slidin'

Who doesn't like to "Slip and Slide" especially on those hot summer days? Yesterday it was pretty hot and after an hour on the mower I was ready to slip and slide, too. Even Daisy Jo (the dog) got in on the fun. As I looked into one eager, energetic 7 year old face as she begged -- "Mom, come on. You can do it!" -- I thought how fast this time with my girls will go. One day I will wish to have them back at home beggin' -- please, mom do it again! So, while I have the time and my little girls and the energy (lacking at times), I will make that run, dive (like I have no fear of hurting some aged body part) and squeal like a girl as I slip 'n slide through that cold water. The buckets of laughter pouring from two sweet onlookers is worth the shock of cold water on my hot, sweaty body. And the "It's like you're young, Mom" tops it off as I stand there dripping wet. Go buy a Slip 'n Slide. Have some fun and try not to break any bones :o)

4 comments:

Beth said...

I agree you should spend all the time with you kids you can. Time goes by way to fast. That is why I always try to stop what I’m doing and sit and play or talk with Isaiah. Thy are only little for such a short amount of time. The are so precious.

Love
Beth

Paul and Candy said...

You crack me up Wilma. We know one thing for sure though, you will always be young at heart even when you jump on that slip and slide and break something:0)LOL.....

Candy

LaDonna said...

I truly think that the slip n' slide people are in cahoots with the local emergency rooms!! Glad you didn't break any "aging" body parts!!!! Truly, these days go swiftly by and then they're teenager and they're saying, "Mom, I can't believe you did that in front of my friends!" THAT'S when it's REALLY fun! Ha!

Leanna Pitcher said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Enjoy it while it lasts - I agree! The kids grow up way too fast!