Thursday, August 23, 2007

Almost there

We came across this around 7:30 p.m.
And now three of us are sleeping soundly in our roomy accommodations located in Idaho Springs, Colorado. We are now surrounded by mountains. The air is cool and clean and I am feeling at home in a place that renews my spirit each time I visit. I have missed these mountains and this fresh air. It has been two years and I am ready to relish the tranquility and bask in the beauty. Oh beautiful -- the spacious sky and mountain peaks you greet me with the kiss of a long awaited sojourner. I have returned to the hills from wince cometh my strength!
We are 3 hours from our final destination - Paonia, Colorado. We'll be staying with friends, Mike and Kim, Katie and Hunter. We are almost there. Hang in there Brookie. I fear she is thinking her carseat will be fused to her rear end by the time we reach our destination. Time for me to hit the sack too. See ya tomorrow.

4 comments:

Paul and Candy said...

Glad your trip is going well.

Connie Lavy said...

Just checking on you. Glad everything is progressing well. Dad and I are in Kansas. We had an expedited load.
Enjoy the vacation@
Mom

Beth said...

Hope you have a nice vacation

Tamra said...

Just wondering...Do you girls have any space left (for yourselves and necessities) in the truck with all of Wayne's paraphernalia?? LOL!!
Have a great trip. Sounds like you are so far! I like how you are really roughing it. :)