Thursday, August 16, 2007

Trying to catch up

Wow! This summer is almost gone. I can't believe it has gone by so fast. One of these days I'm going to plant my feet deep in the dirt, cross my arms and not move and just insist time slows down. So -- here's my feeble attempt to do some catching up.




My baby is now 2 yrs. old!






Where did the time go? You were just a little chubby baby. And, then "blink" -- you're running out the door to play, help daddy or go see the kitty. You are our busy girl -- always on a mission. You make us laugh. I love your dancing eyes and your endless energy. I see my love of life reflected in your eyes. I love you, Brookie.


The story of Brooklyn Elise to follow...


My Lauryn has a new favorite past time...


And just in case you're wondering -- yes, the enclosure is up. This was taken minutes after her and dad assembled it. I really liked it until I felt as if my insides were going to leave my body. I'm not sure which way they would have exited, but I'm fairly sure it would not have been pretty either way. Kinda reminded me that I'm not twelve anymore and that maybe birthing a nine pounder baby could have possibly left a mark! I guess I've just got to figure out how to work up to it or take the thing back. I can't have it just sitting there glaring the fact that I'm an old, debilitated woman! Any ideas let me know.

OK -- I apologize for the flight of thought, but 1:30 in the morning after working 12 hours may have something to do with it. Oh, by the way -- here I go -- we had a little girl come in tonight who had broken her arm on a trampoline. WTG -- pediatric nurse! Have I mentioned my kids ride 4 wheelers, too?! Not a popular subject to get on when I'm at work. I pray.... a lot.

Back to where I was going when.... You get the point. I have been swimming. Like so much I can see my arm and back muscles growing and my skin stays wrinkly and I now have gills. Not really, but yes, a lot of swimming. I have concluded that if I were supposed to breath and swim at the same time I should have been born with gills. Swimming long distances is strenuous. Strenuous means heavy breathing. And heavy breathing is hard to accomplish underwater!! I have cracked myself up. I have felt like kicking myself off the side of the pool, but the short version of the story is I can do it. It may not be smooth. It may not be pretty, but I can swim over 5oo meters without stopping more than a turn around. This is big for me and I beg the pardon of you that are saying big whoop right now.

Have you guessed it? Swim. Bike. Run. Yes. Triathlon. This wknd! I only hope to finish and finish strong. If I do I'll fill you in.

BTW -- I do not ride with my saddle on my bike. Wayne had taken the saddle out of the truck and flung it over the bike. I thought it was very clever. After all, my saddle beats the bike seat any day -- bottom down :o) I had to capture the image.

Goodnight for now -- Wait -- Good morning! Have a great day! We are so blessed! Enjoy the wknd.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I can't believe Brooklyn is already 2. ;-( Time goes by WAY to fast.

Paul and Candy said...

just wondering how the triathalon went.....
Let us know...

Candy