Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Meet me in St. Louis




We're headed West! Could I have every one's attention for just a moment I have a quite an announcement. For the first time in the history of our child rearing years of marriage I was ready and waiting for my husband to leave for vacation. This is quite an event. In fact, I was doing the Icky Shake in the driveway when he pulled in. Hooray for me and Lauryn - who was a big help. And, Brookie -- let's just say the juice poured down your outfit, the crayon to the stove and tidal wave in the tub this morning just confirms it really was a miracle that mom was ready to leave at the appointed time. She is appropriately sleeping at this point -- no wonder - she had quite the eventful morning.


We are making our way around Indianapolis at this point - 6:25 p.m. We left our house ~ 4 p.m.
and have already found our way through two traffic jams. We plan to stop in St. Louis tonight.
Every time we make this trip I am reminded of the pioneers that made this treacherous journey. And here I sit in a big ole Dodge Ram. Cool in spite of the 93 degrees outside -- BLOGGING as we clip along at 65 mph. We have it so easy. Hope you are staying cool. Talk to you later. Rocky Mountains -- here we come. Here Elkie, Elkie. Hoochie mama has your number.
The above pic was taken during last years elk hunt. Several hunters were making their way on horseback by the Lavy bros. campsite outside of Paonia, Co. What a way to go.


2 comments:

Paul and Candy said...

Way to go Wilma. I bet Wayne almost fell over when he got home. I know Paul would have. I hope your wild one does well with the long trip. You guys be careful and have lots of fun. Maybe some day we will be able to go along with you in person. For know we will enjoy the journey on your blog!!

Miss ya lots. Give the girls great big hugs for me.

Candy

sankey family said...

Is that cool or what? Blogging all the way to Colorado! Now I could enjoy that.
Have fun on your trip.

Melodioe