Friday, August 24, 2007

We made it!



The motel we stayed at last night had some cool wild west memorabilia used in there landscaping.


It was in the 50's this morning when we headed out. To say the least we were in shock. Although none of us resorted to sweatshirts. I guess the steamy 93 degrees that we had endured the day before had left a lasting impression.

Met some Harley riders travelling from east Texas. Of coarse we had to stop and chat because even though we do not own one, close friends do and we just feel like we have a common thread. Here's for you Randy, Paul and Merl.


To get the full effect of these little west towns you must mingle with the people and go to locally owned eateries. For example - The Village Smithy in Carbondale. Jerry S. knows exactly where this town is. I love Mt. Sopris.




We reached Mike and Kim's around 3:00 p.m. (Ohio time). We miss Kim and the kids as she is away with her brother who is near the end of a fight with cancer.


We've been to eat and to the grocery. Wayne has his license to hunt the big elk. And, we are going to bed soon . Plans for tomorrow include Mike and Wayne awaking at 2am to head out to the mountain to get the big bull. Wayne passed up these today....pasturing in a neighbors field. I think he might have been drooling..... Wayne..... nothing gets to a man like a big rack!
The girls and I are taking it easy. We may get out and explore the little town of Paonia. Talk to you later. I'm going to bed. I am one tired pioneer.

1 comment:

LaDonna said...

I absolutely ADORE Colorado. It's where my father was born and raised, as well as my father-in-law. If I could choose any one place to live, it would probably be Colorado Springs. The mountains of Tennessee and nice and very pretty, but there's just SOMETHING about the majestic Rockies!! Have a good trip and breathe a little air for me! :)